What is Personal Possessions cover?
This optional extra allows you to insure your most treasured possessions outside of the home.
There are 2 types of personal possessions cover.
1. Unspecified Personal Possessions cover which includes:
|Type of cover||Level of cover|
|Personal items including laptops, valuables and clothing normally worn or carried outside the home||Up to £2,000 per article, pair, set or collection|
|Money||Up to £500|
|Fraudulent use of credit cards||Up to £500|
|Sports equipment||Up to £1,000 (in total)|
|Pedal cycles and their accessories||Up to £1,000 (per cycle and its accessories)|
|Mobile phones||Up to £250 and up to £25 for lost calls
2. Specified Personal Possessions which includes:
Most of the things listed above, but insured for more than the amounts shown. This is the best option if you have other, more specialist things to cover too.
Because the cover will be specific to you, we’ll need to speak on the phone to give you a quote – please call 03457 46 46 46^.
Further benefits of Personal Possessions cover:
- claims are settled on a 'new for old' basis (except clothing)
- five levels of unspecified personal possessions cover to choose from £2,500, £5,000, £7,500, £10,000 and £12,500 to suit your needs
- cover while you are abroad, up to 60 days.
You can add this optional extra to your policy when you get a quote.