Co-op Gift Card offer
- All new customers who buy the following types of insurance policies direct (“Eligible Policies”) from 2nd December 2020 until 30th June 2021 inclusive will be eligible to receive a Co-op Gift Card (“Gift Card”):
- Car insurance (including (1) Comprehensive, (2) Third Party, Fire and Theft or (3) Third Party Only - £50 Gift Card;
- Home combined Buildings and Contents insurance - £25 Gift Card;
- Your Eligible Policy must be in force for a minimum of 30 days in order to qualify for the Gift Card - you should expect to receive the Gift Card within 75 days after your policy start date.
- Policies must start on or before the 30th July 2021.
- A new customer is someone who has not had a policy of the same type from Co-op Insurance within the last 12 months (see the Exclusions section).
- There is no requirement to enter a promotional code as the promoter will identify all eligible customers applying over the telephone and through the website.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw, modify or terminate this promotion, without notice, in whole or in part in the event that it is necessary to do so, or if the uptake of the promotion exceeds expectations.
- Any application for an Eligible Policy may be declined at our absolute discretion and there is no obligation to disclose any reason for rejection. In these cases you will not be eligible to receive the Gift Card.
- Fraud and abuse relating to the receipt and use of the Gift Card may result in the forfeiture of the Gift Card (or any substitute for it) and termination of the Eligible Policy.
- The terms and conditions of this promotion do not alter or vary the terms and conditions of any Eligible Policy bought.
- Gift Cards will expire 24 months after the last date on which they are used.
- The Gift Card is non-refundable. Only original Gift Cards are valid and no photocopies will be accepted. No change will be given.
- Applications are subject to normal terms and conditions including underwriting criteria.
- Car insurance is normally available to customers aged 17 - 75 years old.
- Only one Gift Card is awarded per Eligible Policy bought. For example, if you buy an eligible Car policy and an eligible Home policy you will get £75 worth of Gift Cards (£50 + £25).
- Gift Cards are accepted in any Co-op Group Food store.
- Gift Cards are not accepted in independent co-operatives including, but not limited to, Central England, Heart of England, East of England and Southern.
- If you are taking out a new Car insurance policy you must not have had an policy of Car insurance with Co-op Insurance purchased direct on the same vehicle within the last 12 months, in order to qualify for the Gift Card.
- If you are taking out a new home combined Buildings and Contents policy, you must not have had a home combined Buildings and Contents policy with Co-op Insurance purchased direct on the same address within the last 12 months, in order to qualify for this offer.
- Young Driver Insurance, Ecoinsurance and policies bought via price comparison websites or cashback websites are not eligible.
- If you cancel within 30 days of the policy start date, you will not be eligible to receive the Gift Card.
- For the avoidance of doubt, insurance bought in conjunction with Co-op Membership exclusive offers will still be eligible for this promotion.
- The Gift Card cannot be exchanged for cash or used to purchase lottery, fuel, Paypoint or third party concession products or services.
Fulfilment of the offer
- Delivery of the Gift Card will be to the policyholder’s correspondence address only and will be free of charge. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the Gift Card with an item of similar or greater value.
- The promoter accepts no liability for issues arising with the Gift Card following dispatch.
- Co-op Food Stores reserve the right to refuse any Gift Card that it deems, in its sole discretion, to have been duplicated, damaged, misused or defaced in any way. The promoter is not responsible for any Gift Cards that are lost, stolen, or unused by the expiry date.
The promoter for Car and Home insurance is Co-op Insurance Services Limited (Co-op Insurance Services). Co-op Insurance Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and appears on the Financial Services Register under number 779364.
Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Activate this card at the checkout. Check the balance of your card or load funds from £1 up to a maximum balance of £1000 at the checkout. Balances will be printed on till receipts after each use. This card can only be used at Co-operative Group food stores as part or full payment for goods.
No change will be given. It cannot be exchanged for cash or used to purchase lottery, fuel, Paypoint or third party concession products or services. The card remains valid for 24 months from your last transaction. You will not be able to use your card after the end of this period and any unused balance on the card will be lost. This card is not a credit or debit card. Treat this card as cash – it cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. The Co-operative Group are not responsible for any unauthorised use of this card and reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions, to cancel or refuse to accept a gift card where we have reason to believe it is being used fraudulently or otherwise without authorisation or discontinue the card scheme at any time. Please visit coop.co.uk/giftcard for full terms and conditions. Any enquires, see your in-store customer services team who will be happy to help or call our customer contact centre on 0800 068 6727