Guaranteed to beat offer terms and conditions
- Co-op Insurance guarantees to beat Co-op members’ home insurance renewal price. If not, we will refund the difference plus £1, subject to the terms and conditions, including exclusions, below (‘Offer’).
- The Offer applies to Co-op Home Insurance combined buildings and contents policies only, purchased directly from Co-op Insurance over the phone (‘Eligible Policy’).
- The Offer is available to new customers who are Co-op members only. You will need to provide your membership number when calling us to get a quotation. To find out how to become a member, click here.
- A new customer is someone who has not had another policy of the same type from Co-op Insurance within the last 12 months (see the Exclusions section below).
- The Offer only applies to customers who have purchased Home Insurance that is provided and underwritten by CISGIL.
- Your Co-op Home Insurance quotation must match your coverages with your existing insurer, including optional extras (‘Matching Criteria’), comprising:
- Your buildings and contents standard policy
- Buildings accidental damage cover
- Contents accidental damage cover
- Personal possessions
- Home rescue cover
- Specified items
- The renewal price must be the member’s third party insurer renewal price. It cannot be a renewal for an existing Co-op Insurance home policy.
- We can only provide a quotation in connection with this Offer for a policy to start 30 days either side of your renewal date.
- Your policy must be in force for a minimum of 30 days.
- Refunds made as part of this Offer will comprise the difference in premium between the Co-op Insurance Eligible Policy quotation and your existing insurer’s renewal price, plus £1 (“Refund”).
- To claim your Refund under the Offer, you will be required to provide your renewal documentation to us, as evidence of your renewal quotation – see ‘Fulfilment of the Offer’ section below.
- The Offer applies only to the original renewal price offered by your existing insurer, and excludes any price discounts, offers or negotiated rates offered after the original renewal.
- The Offer is not available if your existing insurer declines to offer a renewal price for any reason.
- Co-op Insurance reserves the right to withdraw, modify or terminate this Offer in whole or in part at any time in the event that it is necessary to do so.
- The terms and conditions of this Offer do not alter or vary the terms and conditions of any Home insurance policy which may be purchased.
- Applications are subject to normal terms and conditions including underwriting criteria. The right to decline any application for a home insurance policy is reserved. Co-op Insurance is not obliged to disclose any reason for such rejection. In these cases the customer will not be eligible for the Offer.
Fulfilment of the Offer
- You must provide us with proof of your original renewal documentation and renewal notice (‘Documentation’) within 30 days of purchasing your Eligible Policy.
- The Documentation must be emailed to us at [email protected] or sent by post to FAO: Digital Team, 3rd Floor, CIS Building, Miller Street, Manchester M60 0AL. Unfortunately, we are unable to return any Documentation sent to us.
- You will receive confirmation of whether your Documentation is accepted within 24 hours of us receiving it.
- Subject to Matching Criteria, the Refund amount will be refunded to you within 70 days of us receiving valid Documentation. Refunds will be made to the card that you used to pay for your Eligible Policy or the deposit for your Eligible Policy. In the event that this is not possible, we may issue a cheque for the amount instead, made out to the policyholder.
- If you fail to provide adequate Documentation or where the Documentation does not meet the qualifying Matching Criteria, you will not be eligible for this Offer and will not receive the Refund. Unless you cancel the policy in accordance with the policy terms, you will continue to be charged at the quoted rate.
- To qualify for the Offer you must not have had cover on another Co-op Insurance Home combined buildings and contents policy with us at the same address within the last 12 months.
- Members who wish to take out either a buildings only or contents only policy are not eligible for the Offer.
- The Offer is not available to members in Northern Ireland.
- Policies bought via price comparison websites or cashback sites are not eligible for the Offer.
- This offer is available in conjunction with the Bags More food voucher offer.
- Co-op Insurance reserves the right to refuse to issue the Refund if at any time if we suspect:
- Any abuse or attempted abuse of the Offer
- Any breach or attempted breach of these terms
- Any activity which in our reasonable opinion constitute misuse or fraudulent activity in connection with the Offer
- Co-op Insurance accepts no liability or responsibility for Documentation sent to us which is lost, delayed or undelivered.