UK and European breakdown cover
Breakdown cover including homestart
Co-op Insurance has teamed up with AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd, voted Best Breakdown Cover Provider at the Personal Finance Awards every year since 2014 to provide comprehensive breakdown cover that gives you a fast and reliable service.
You can include vehicle breakdown cover when you take out a car insurance policy with us (that covers any drivers named on the policy), or choose from a comprehensive range of stand-alone breakdown products including personal and short trip.
All of our breakdown cover offers outstanding service including:
- fast response - we aim to be there within the hour. If we’re not, we’ll give you at least £10 to say sorry
- 4 out of 5 vehicles fixed at the roadside to get you back on your way (source: AXA Assistance UK internal data June 2015)
- geographical cover - one of our 3,500 managed patrols will always be close by, wherever you break down in the UK
- no excess on call outs.
Included as standard:
- full UK and European cover
- available when purchased with car insurance
- insurance and breakdown cover in one single premium.
Standalone breakdown cover:
- Local, Nationwide, Homestart and European options
- personal and vehicle cover options
- Short trip cover available.
Please note: If you cancel this cover within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents, you will be entitled to a refund of any premium paid, less a charge for the number of days cover has been provided. If you cancel this cover after this time no refund will be given.
Check you’re not already covered
Before you buy breakdown cover with us, make sure you haven’t got it elsewhere, as part of a bank account or through a car purchase.
If you do, compare the features and benefits of your existing policy with the ones we can offer you. You should also check the cancellation terms of your existing policy – you might have to pay to cancel it.
This will make sure you’re not losing money or paying for two policies when you can only claim on one.
As you may expect, our features are subject to limitations and/or exclusions, so please speak to our call centre or view our policy documents online for further details.
Optional car breakdown cover and accident recovery service are provided on behalf of Co-op Insurance by AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd; Registered in England and Wales under company number 02638890. Registered Office: The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1PR. AXA Assistance (U.K.) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under register number 439069.
Co‑op Car Insurance is normally available to customers aged 17 to 75 years only.
Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes. First notification of a claim outside of normal working hours will be answered in Eire.
Applicants for insurance are subject to normal underwriting criteria.