Co-op Car Insurance comes with lots of great features, and we’ve some useful optional extras too that you can add to create an insurance policy that’s right for you.
What our car insurance covers
We offer comprehensive cover across the whole of the UK.
This means that we’ll:
- pay for damage you cause to other people, their car or other property (also known as third-party liability cover)
- repair your car if it’s worth repairing after it’s been damaged in a crash, even if it’s your fault
- give you the market value of your car if it’s written-off, stolen and not recovered, or destroyed by fire.
Our insurance covers these sort of journeys:
You can also add cover for:
- going to and from work or a public transport station
- using your car for work, for example driving between different sites or customer addresses.
You’ll be asked to choose the level you need when you buy our insurance online or over the phone by calling 03457 46 46 46^.
What our car insurance does not cover
There are certain things our insurance doesn’t cover, these include:
- professional driving instruction
- any journeys made as part of motor trade operations
- hiring your car to someone else
- motor racing
- track days.
What’s included with Co-op Car Insurance
These features are included in all Co-op Car Insurance policies:
- a courtesy car when one of our approved repairers fixes your car as part of a claim
- 24-hour accident recovery service if your car needs to be recovered in an accident for which you could make a claim
- up to £750 for replacement keys and locks if your keys are stolen (as long as you do not leave them in or on the car while you are away)
- up to 8 days insurance cover in the European Union over the policy year.
Add extras to your car insurance
You can add extra cover when you buy your policy online or by giving us a call on 03457 46 46 46^.
- award-winning UK and European breakdown cover
- if your car is written-off or stolen, enhanced courtesy car cover will get you back on the road
- motor legal expenses insurance can help recover your uninsured expenses when an accident wasn’t your fault
- for longer trips to the European Union extended foreign use gives you up to 90 days cover.
Find out more about the extras you can choose with Co-op Car Insurance.
Car insurance discounts
There are a number of different discounts available for Co-op Car Insurance including no claim discount, named driver no claim discount and member discount.
Download the policy documents for Co-op Car Insurance:
Why does my price change at renewal?
Car insurance prices can change at renewal, and the reasons why will be different for everyone.
Make a car insurance claim
Make a car insurance claim by calling us on 0345 999 8888^.
When you call, you’ll need to tell us:
- your name, address and policy number
- if your car was stolen, any damage was caused or any property was lost
- if anyone was injured
- where and when the incident happened
- the other vehicle’s registration number
- the other driver’s, name, address, telephone number and insurance details
- the Police crime reference number, if your car has been stolen, damaged maliciously, or if the other driver did not stop and give their details.
Windscreen and glass claims
Use the Auto Windscreens website if your windscreen or window glass is damaged.
Auto Windscreens will take care of your claim. You can arrange a time online for the repairer to come.
We’ll pay the full cost of repair or replacement, less any excess (£75 for a replacement, and £15 for windscreen repairs).
A windscreen or window glass claim will not affect your no claim discount.
Ecoinsurance helps you offset part of the impact your car has on the environment. It’s the UK’s first car insurance policy to include carbon offsets as part of the cover.
Find out more about how you can become a greener driver.