UK and European breakdown cover
Our breakdown cover, provided by the RAC, gives you the following benefits:
- we’ll fix your car at the roadside, or at your home address. If the breakdown occurs more than 1/4 mile from your home and we can’t repair your vehicle locally within a reasonable time, our Nationwide recovery promise means that we'll transport your vehicle, you and up to seven others to your destination anywhere in the UK
- if the vehicle cannot be repaired locally we can arrange a replacement car for up to 1 day, alternative transport costs or hotel accommodation. The maximum amount we will pay for alternative transport or hotel accommodation is £150 per person or £500 for your party, whichever is less.
Legal expenses insurance
If your car’s involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, our optional legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of:
- working out the value of your uninsured losses
- negotiating with the “at fault” driver
- starting legal proceedings if necessary
Your legal expenses claim might include:
- travel expenses whilst your car is off the road
- compensation for injuries and loss of earnings
- your policy excess.
Legal expenses insurance covers:
- up to £50,000 cover for legal fees to help recover uninsured losses
- access to a 24-hour legal helpline that provides advice on any car-related issues, such as disputes with garages, parking fines, and ownership responsibilities
- you and any named drivers on your car insurance policy.
Co-op Legal Services manage all legal expense claims. They will only accept a claim if there is a reasonable chance of making a recovery.
We will not cover any legal costs unless we have agreed to these in advance.
Cover if your car or home keys are lost or stolen.
- 24 hour helpline and nationwide key recovery, providing up to £1,000 towards new keys, locks and locksmith services
- all keys attached to the fob provided are covered, for example keys to your car, home, office or caravan
- there is no limit to the number of claims, as long as the cost does not exceed £1,000 in the year of your cover.
Keycare cover is provided by Keycare Limited.