Electric cars are becoming more popular. A good thing too. They help make our communities cleaner and healthier.
Our car insurance covers most electric makes and models up to a retail price of £75,000.
Call us on 03457 46 46 46^ to get a quote.
Cars that we insure
- battery-only electric cars (BEV)
- electric cars with range extenders (BEV/REX)
- plug-in hybrid electric cars (PHEV)
- hybrid electric cars (HEV)
We’ll cover most models including:
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
- BMW i3
- Jaguar I-Pace
- Nissan Leaf
- Renault Zoe (not including models where the battery is leased separately)
- Volkswagen e-Golf
Cars we do not insure
- BMW i8
- electric vans
- electric pickups
- electric MPVs
- electric quadricycles
- electric taxis
- electric cars with a separate lease for the battery
You’ll get all the benefits of our standard car insurance. You’ll also get cover for your charging cable, home charging point and adapter against:
- damage caused by an accident
- damage caused by fire
- getting stolen
- causing any damage to other people or their property (also called third-party liability)
Add extras to your electric car insurance
You can add extra cover when you buy your policy online or by giving us a call on 03457 46 46 46^.
- breakdown cover that covers towing you to a charging point if your battery runs out
- enhanced courtesy car cover will get you back on the road in an electric hire car
- motor legal expenses insurance can help recover your uninsured expenses
- extended foreign use gives you up to 90 days cover in the European Union
Find out more about the extras you can choose with Co-op Car Insurance.
Download the policy documents for Co-op Car Insurance: