UK and European breakdown cover including homestart
Co-op Insurance has teamed up with AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd to provide comprehensive breakdown cover that is fast and reliable.
We offer three levels of breakdown cover:
- roadside and recovery
- roadside, recovery and homestart
- roadside, recovery, homestart and EU.
Guaranteed hire car
Co-op Car Insurance provides you with a hire car as standard while your car is being repaired by a Co‑op approved repairer following an insured incident. But it does not provide a hire car if your car is written off or stolen and not recovered.
What you get with guaranteed hire car:
- if you buy level 1 cover you will get a small hatchback such as a Vauxhall Corsa
- if you buy level 2 cover you will get a four door family saloon
- cover for up to 14 consecutive days if your car has been written off or stolen and not recovered.
Guaranteed hire car is not suitable for customers who hold a provisional licence.
Legal expenses insurance
If your car’s involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, our optional legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of:
- working out the value of your uninsured losses
- negotiating with the “at fault” driver
- starting legal proceedings if necessary.
Your legal expenses claim might include:
- travel expenses whilst your car is off the road
- compensation for injuries and loss of earnings
- your policy excess.
Legal expenses insurance covers:
- up to £100,000 cover for legal fees to help recover uninsured losses
- access to a 24-hour legal helpline that provides advice on any car-related issues, such as disputes with garages, parking fines, and ownership responsibilities
- you and any named drivers on your car insurance policy.
Carpenters Limited manage all legal expense claims. They will only accept a claim if there is a reasonable chance of making a recovery.
We will not cover any legal costs unless we have agreed to these in advance.Get a quote