UK and European breakdown cover including homestart
Co-op Insurance has teamed up with AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd to provide comprehensive breakdown cover that is fast and reliable.
Our breakdown cover offers as standard:
- full UK and european cover including homestart
- a fast response. We aim to be there within the hour and if we’re not, we’ll give you £20 to say sorry
- a UK-wide network of managed patrols, with 4 out of 5 cars fixed at the side of the road
- no excess on call outs.
Enhanced courtesy car cover
Co-op Car Insurance provides you with a courtesy car as standard while your car is being repaired by a Co-op approved repairer following an insured incident. But it does not provide a courtesy car if your car is written off or stolen and not recovered.
What you get with enhanced courtesy car cover:
- a saloon or hatchback car with an engine size similar to your own up to a maximum of 1,800cc (van drivers can get a van up to a maximum of 3.5tonne GVW)
- cover for up to 14 consecutive days if your car has been written off or stolen and not recovered
- you and up to 2 named drivers on your policy can drive the vehicle, provided you all hold full licences
- a car that is insured by a hire car company and is subject to the same policy excess as your Co-op Insurance policy. There is no cover for personal possessions under the hire car company's policy
- the possibility to extend the period beyond the 14 days. Whilst you will be responsible for paying the hire charges for the period in excess of 14 days, preferential rates are available to Co-op Insurance customers (minimum extension period is 7 days).
Legal expenses insurance
If your car’s involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, our optional legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of:
- working out the value of your uninsured losses
- negotiating with the “at fault” driver
- starting legal proceedings if necessary.
Your legal expenses claim might include:
- travel expenses whilst your car is off the road
- compensation for injuries and loss of earnings
- your policy excess.
Legal expenses insurance covers:
- up to £100,000 cover for legal fees to help recover uninsured losses
- access to a 24-hour legal helpline that provides advice on any car-related issues, such as disputes with garages, parking fines, and ownership responsibilities
- you and any named drivers on your car insurance policy.
Co-op Legal Services manage all legal expense claims. They will only accept a claim if there is a reasonable chance of making a recovery.
We will not cover any legal costs unless we have agreed to these in advance.