To help us process accident and theft claims as quickly as possible, it’s important that you take down as much information as you can at the scene of the incident, including details of other drivers, witnesses and any police that were there.
When you call us to report a claim we’ll ask for:
- the insurance policy number for your vehicle, with your name and address
- details of the claim: the date of the incident, what happened, and whether there was any damage, if you lost any property or if anyone was hurt
- details of if any other person was involved; their registration number, name and address, and insurance details.
If the insured car has been stolen, we’ll also need:
- the Police incident number they gave you when you reported the theft.
If you need an enhanced courtesy car, we’ll ask if you’ve got any special requirements (e.g. automatic gearbox) or any extra equipment (e.g. child car seat or tow bar). We’ll do our best to make sure you have them, but the hire car company might charge you for some things.
When we’ve got all these details we’ll:
- make sure you know all the steps involved in making a claim
- tell you where your nearest approved repairer is
- confirm what you’re covered for and what extras you’ll need to pay for.
We’ll aim to:
- reply to all claim notifications within 24 hours of getting them
- reply to all correspondence within five working days
- send out settlement cheques within 24 hours of getting all the paperwork we need.