This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Extended Foreign Use cover

Keeping you on the road in the European Union

Optional Extra

With our motor policy you are covered to drive your vehicle abroad for up to 8 days in any policy year. If that’s not enough for you, think about getting our Extended Foreign Use cover.

With our Extended Foreign Use cover, you’ll get:

  • a similar level of car insurance cover as you have in the UK, with a single trip limit of 90 days
  • cover whilst driving abroad in any country which is a member of the European Union
  • freedom to go on holiday without having to let us know
  • peace of mind that you have the backing of Co-op Insurance and its partners if you are involved in an accident abroad.

Please be aware:

  • a limit of 90 days per trip, up to a maximum of 180 days per policy year, applies to this cover
  • the charge for this cover is a flat fee. This is irrespective as to when the cover is added to the policy or the number of trips taken.

Please note: If you cancel this cover within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents, you will be entitled to a refund of any premium paid, less a charge for the number of days cover has been provided. If you cancel this cover after this period you will not be entitled to a refund of premium.

As you may expect, our features are subject to limitations and/or exclusions, so please speak to our call centre or view our policy documents online for further details.

Co‑op Car Insurance is normally available to customers aged 17 to 75 years only.

Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes. First notification of a claim outside of normal working hours will be answered in Eire.

Applicants for insurance are subject to normal underwriting criteria.