How do I transfer ownership of my car if it's been written-off or stolen?

The law requires you to let the DVLA know if you transfer ownership of your car to our salvage agents if your car is:

  • stolen and not recovered
  • written-off.

You can do this by:

You’ll need to send Section 9 of the V5C registration document to:
DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BD.

The transfer of ownership details you’ll need are:
Copart UK, Acrey Fields, Woburn Road, Wooton, MK43 9EJ.