This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Buildings Insurance

Our Buildings Insurance covers the whole structure of your home, including the roof, walls, and outbuildings, as well as permanent fixtures inside, like fitted kitchens and wardrobes. It means you'll be protected from things such as fire, explosion, storm or flood (apart from any fences, hedges and gates), theft, vandalism and subsidence.

There are a few exceptions though, so please take a look here to make sure we can cover your home. If your home was built before 1850, please read our guide to older properties before you apply.

Why choose us? 

Our Buildings Insurance gives you:

  • up to £500,000 rebuildings costs to cover against loss or damage to the structure of your home
  • accidental damage cover for underground pipes, drains and cables
  • cover for domestic outbuildings at your home address, including sheds, garages and greenhouses
  • property owner's liability - up to £2m plus legal costs
  • UK call centres for help with your quote and customer service.

These are just a few examples of what you’re covered for – there’s more information in the summary of cover, and we explain what is covered and what is excluded in the policy document.

If you're a landlord please see our guides to landlord insurance.

Optional Extras 

On top of your standard cover, you can also add extras to protect what’s precious to you;

Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes. First notification of a claim outside of normal working hours will be answered in Eire.

Applicants for insurance are subject to normal underwriting criteria.