Look after your family’s best friend with Co‑op Dog Insurance.
Cats may have nine lives, but they can still get ill – so look after them with Co-op Cat Insurance.
Select Plus (lifetime cover)
Covers the cost of vet fees up to £5,000 per year, for treating non pre-existing injuries or illnesses that happen after you start the policy. There’s up to £750 of complementary treatment cover each year if you renew your policy every year without taking a break in cover.†
Protects you against the cost of vet fees for non pre-existing injuries or illnesses up to £2,000. Any claims you make are limited to the 12 months from when you first notice the injury or illness, as long as you insure your pet with us.†
How your premium can change
There are a number of factors that impact your premium, such as your pets age, increasing veterinary costs, advancements in veterinary medicine and if you claim. These mean your premium will increase over the lifetime of your policy.
How your excess can change
We may change the excess you pay at the renewal of your policy.
From the 28th April 2019 the flat excess for new business will be increased to £99 across all products. For existing customers, the flat excess will be increased at renewal and the percentage excess will be reduced from 35% to 20%, where it applies.
Typically, a percentage excess in addition to the fixed excess is introduced at the pet’s 10th birthday for cats and dogs, or 7th birthday for some breeds of dogs.
You will be notified at least a year in advance of any percentage excess being added to your policy. Details of your excess can be found in the 'Your excesses' section of your Certificates of Insurance.
We offer a range of optional extras that enhance the level of cover for your pet:
- up to £1,500 to cover death from illness or injury.† Age limits apply
- up to £2,000 cover for holiday cancellation due to a life threatening illness or injury to your pet
- cover for loss by theft or straying up to the purchase price of your pet, to a limit of £1000
- pet travel covers emergency veterinary fees up to £5,000 for Select Plus, and £2,000 for Classic. Policy covers any European Union member state and territories that are included in the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS).
Why choose us?
- multi-pet discount for every pet that you add to your policy
- comprehensive dental cover, subject to a yearly dental check up
- option to tailor your cover to suit your pet’s needs with our optional extras
- option to pay monthly by direct debit at no extra cost.