You might need some specific types of cover for your pet. Our insurance cover for your family pet has some optional extras
- adding third-party liability to your policy means we’ll provide cover up to £1m if your dog causes damage or injury and you are legally liable
- only available with dog insurance.
- up to £1,500 to cover death from illness or injury† - Cover up to the purchase price of your pet if it either dies or has to be put to sleep as a result of an illness or injury, maximum benefit £1,500, age limits apply
- up to £2,000 cover for holiday cancellation - Provides cover for irrecoverable travel and accommodation costs in the event you cancel or cut short your holiday due to a life threatening illness or injury to your pet
- up to £1,000 cover for loss by theft or straying - Cover up to the purchase price of your pet in the event your pet gets lost from theft or straying, is not recovered or does not return
- up to £1,000 for advertising and reward - If your pet is stolen or goes missing we provide cover towards the cost of advertising the loss of your pet as well as a reward to get your pet back
- up to £1,000 boarding fees - If you are hospitalised for 4 or more consecutive days, we’ll cover towards the cost of boarding your pet at a licensed boarding establishment, or contribute towards the cost of someone looking after your pet. We’ll pay no more than the maximum benefit for all hospitalisation during the policy year.
- emergency veterinary fees - We pay towards the cost of emergency treatment your pet receives during your journey for illness and injury, including hospitalisation; up to £5,000 for Select Plus, and £2,000 for Classic
- up to £1500 per year to cover quarantine costs - In the event your pet is ill whilst abroad or you lose your pet’s travel documentation, we will provide cover towards the cost of quarantine
- up to £500 per year to cover emergency repatriation - Should your pet pass away or become ill or injured during a trip, we will provide cover towards the cost of making arrangements to get your pet home
- up to £300 per year for advertising and reward - If your pet is stolen or goes missing during your journey, we will provide cover towards the cost of advertising the loss of your pet as well as a reward to get your pet back.
Policy covers any European Union member states and territories that are included in the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS). Further details can be found on the Defra website.