The RAC provides our breakdown cover.
We’ll fix your car at:
- the roadside
- your home address
If we cannot repair your car locally, we can arrange either:
- transport for you, your car, and up to 4 others to anywhere in the UK
- a replacement car for up to 1 day
- alternative transport costs
- hotel accommodation
The most we will pay for alternative transport or hotel accommodation is:
- £150 per person
- £500 for your party
Whichever amount is less applies.
Legal expenses insurance
If your car’s involved in an accident that was not your fault, our optional legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of:
- working out the value of your uninsured losses
- negotiating with the “at fault” driver
- starting legal proceedings if necessary
Your legal expenses claim might include:
- travel expenses whilst your car is off the road
- compensation for injuries and loss of earnings
- your policy excess
Legal expenses insurance covers:
- up to £100,000 cover for legal fees to help recover uninsured losses
- access to a 24-hour legal helpline that provides advice on any car-related issues, such as disputes with garages, parking fines, and ownership responsibilities
- you and any named drivers on your car insurance policy
Co-op Legal Services manage all legal expense claims. They will only accept a claim if there is a reasonable chance of making a recovery.
We will not cover any legal costs unless we have agreed to these in advance.