Cover for the costs of an accident that wasn’t your fault
We can provide legal expenses cover in association with Co-op Legal Services.
If your car’s involved in a road traffic accident and it wasn’t your fault, our optional legal expenses cover will cover the cost of:
- evaluating your uninsured losses
- negotiating with the “at fault” driver
- commencing legal proceedings if necessary.
Your legal expenses claim might include:
- travel expenses whilst your vehicle is being repaired
- compensation for injuries and loss of earnings
- your policy excess.
Our policy covers
up to £100,000 cover for legal fees to help recover uninsured losses:
- access to a 24 hour legal helpline which can provide advice on any motoring related issues such as disputes with garages, parking fines and vehicle ownership responsibilities
- the cover applies to anyone allowed to drive by your current motor certificate.
Co-op Legal Services manage all claims under this section. They will only accept a claim if there is a reasonable chance of making a recovery.
Legal costs incurred before we have confirmed acceptance of the claim in writing will not be covered.
Please note: If you cancel this cover within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents, you will be entitled to a refund of any premium paid, less a charge for the number of days cover has been provided. If you cancel this cover after this time a return of premium will be provided, less a charge for the number of days cover provided and an administration fee of £15.
Check you’re not insuring twice for motor legal expenses
You might already have motor legal cover, separate from your existing motor insurance. You can only claim on one policy like this, even if you’ve got two, for example as part of a bank account or through a car purchase.
If you do already have cover like this, check which one would suit your needs better – and whether there are any cancellation fees.